It's so simple to organize PTA once it is already a year-to-year practice of certain school either elementary or secondary level. There is a simple guide for its organization. Take, for instance DepED Order No. 54 s. 2009 dated June 1, 2009. Under page 2 and paragraph 2 of DepED Order No. 54, it states that homeroom adviser and and parents/guardians with the approval of school head shall organize Homeroom PTA after fifteen (15) days from the start of classes. Therefore, the following steps are guides for the organization:
- Organize Homeroom PTA. The official name of the PTA shall bear the name of the school (eg. Parent-Teacher Association of Panglima Ahajan Elementary School).
- Gather all Homeroom PTA Presidents and Homeroom Advisers for the Election of Board of Directors after thirty (30) days from the start of school year. The number of the members of the Board of Directors shall be odd number preferably Board of Director is composed of fifteen (15) members. Parent-members shall comprise two-thirds (2/3) and teacher-members one-third (1/3) of the Board of Directors.
- Elect the Executive Officers from among the Board of Directors on the same day of their election to the Board for the following positions:
- Vice President
- Other equivalent positions who shall oversee the day-to-day activities of the association. A teacher-member cannot hold any position in the PTA except as a member of the Board of Directors or as Secretary. The school head shall serve as a member of the Board of Directors but as adviser to the PTA.
- For representation in Indanan Municipal School Board and other purposes, the school's PTAs within a municipality or city or province shall federate and select from among the elected Presidents their respective officers. The President-elect shall sit as representative of the Federation to the Indanan Municipal School Board.
- Form committees to handle specific activities of the PTA like: a) Committee on Finance; b) Committee on Programs and Projects; c) Auit Committee; d) Election Committee; e) Grievance Committee; f) Ways and Means Committee; and g) Committee on External and Community Affairs.
- The heads of the committee shall preferably come from the Board of Directors, Homeroom Presidents and Homeroom Advisers.
- The issuance of the Certificate of Recognition by the School Head shall be the operative act to recognize the PTA.
- The term of office of the Board of Directors and its officers shall be one (1) year from the date of election. In no case shall a PTA Board of Director serve for more that two (2) consecutive terms.
- The General Assembly shall be composed of all parents of enrolled pupils/students of the school, Board of Directors and officers of the PTA, School Head, Homeroom Advisers, Subject-Teachers and Non-Teaching Personnel.
- The General Assembly shall be convened by the PTA Board of Directors immediately after the PTA has been organized. The General Assembly shall be convened as may be necessary but in no case less than twice a year. The Board shall coordinate with the School Head as to time, venue and other details of the General Assembly.
- The General Assembly shall be a venue for presentation and discussions of the PTA's programs, projects, financial statement, reports and other matters.
- The General Assembly may invite or consult with other members of the community such as local government officilas and civic organizations to solicit their support or active participation in the school activities.
For more details, please download and read fully the contents of DepED Order No. 54 s. 2009.