Head of the Department of Agriculture in Sulu, Ms. Mercia Salarda Alli presided the Coordination Meeting of seven piloted schools for Gulayan sa Paaralan at DA Multi-Purpose, Capitol Site, Bangkal, Patikul, Sulu this morning, June 30, 2015 at around 9: 00 AM. Gulayan sa Paaralan has just been implemented in the following seven schools in partnership with DepED, Asia Amaerica Initiative (AAI) and Department of Agriculture:
- Sulu State College High School
- Mindanao State University High School
- Sahaya Integrated School
- Jose Godinez Elementary School
- Kasambuhan Village Elementary School
- Mukammali Elementary School
- Pasil Elementary School
Division Health and Nutrition Section headed by Shareen Mariwa Lakibul, Division Nurse played the key role in the implementation of AAI supports either cash or in kind that aids the promotion of effective health and nutrition programs in all MOBE schools under DepED-Sulu Division. Thus, DA head and DIC of ISD expected her presence in the Coordination Meeting. However, she was out of town for some purposes in-line with her duties as Division Nurse. She designated School Nurse, Hja. Sherilyn I. Taji as her proxy together with AAI Staff, Norhelyn S. Ahaja.
Other attendees in the meeting were one school head/representative of the seven piloted schools, one school nurse and DA staff.
Agenda of the meeting were as follows:
- Schedule of the 1-Day Training for those piloted schools belong to Indanan South District and Patickul East District
- Number PTCA volunteers
- Transportation of PTCA volunteers to the training venue
- Participant's issues and concerns
Unanimous decisions made were shown below.
- DA Multi-Purpose, Capitol Site, Bangkal, Patikul, Sulu will be the training venue
- July 21, 2015 will be training schedule for Sulu State College Laboratory High School
- July 22, 2015 is for the training of Patikul East District
- July 23, 2015 is for Indanan South District
- Every school will send at least 10 PTCA volunteers
- Round-trip travelling expenses of 10 PTCA volunteers are subject for the meeting of the management
- District head, school head, and school nurse of seven piloted schools are required to attend the one-day training.
As part of the open forums, every participants were give chance to voice out some doubts, questions, clarifications and other issues and concerns related to the AAI-DA Gulayan sa Paaralan Program. The meeting lasted for almost two hours and thirty minutes. It ended with group picture taking of all the participants coming from the different seven piloted schools of AAI.